The Early Days of a Better Nation

Tuesday, June 07, 2011



The Human Genre Project


Peter Arnott, the newly appointed Resident Playwright at the Genomics Forum, is now also the new editor of The Human Genre Project. This online, open-ended anthology of new poems and short prose pieces inspired by genes and genomics has drawn contributions and even some media attention from around the world since its launch two years ago. I'm proud to have initiated it and have enjoyed editing it, and I'd like to thank all those who've contributed material as well as all who've been involved in setting up, publicising and running the site: Damien Noonan (who designed it), Emma Capewell and Alison Caldecott, Claire Alexander and Clare de Mowbray. My fellow writer in residence, Pippa Goldschmidt, was more or less a co-editor in the time we worked together, as well as a fine contributor.

It's always been our intention that editorial responsibility for the site should go to the current writer in residence, and I'm very happy to pass this on to Peter. He'll bring a fresh eye to evaluating contributions, and a new range of contacts and colleagues to solicit contributions from. He already has schemes up his sleeve, so watch this space.

Which is not to say I'll stop twisting arms myself.

Meanwhile, here's probably the last of my choices for the site, Premature Beauty by Stephanie Lynn Keil.

Labels: , , ,


3 Comments:

Great information. I will check out the rest of your blog.
IPL 2022 schedule

Nice information for a new blogger…it is really helpful.
IPL 2022 schedule

Post a Comment


Home