The Early Days of a Better Nation

Sunday, January 01, 2012



2012 - year of fell portent

According to half-baked myth and Hollywood (but I repeat myself) 2012 is the year the Mayan calendar reaches the end of its Long Count and the old gods come from the sky and eat our brains, or whatever.

My brain, at the moment, would welcome being devoured by a feather-coated obsidian-toothed deity with a name that reads like it came from a Polish dictionary falling downstairs, but the grisly repast would probably send said deity on a hasty visit to the privy, so I'll just have to sweat this one out.

Happy New Year!

3 Comments:

I liked Dan Piraro's cartoon in Bizarro Blog (http://www.bizarrocomics.com).

You give the Poles too much (?) credit. At least Warsaw doesn't have a suburb whose name has six consecutive consonants in it, the way London does (Knightsbridge). Nor does Scotland lie far behind, what with Kircudbrightshire and yet others: a Mr. Dinwiddie, a friend of my father's, was once dismissed by the police (though I doubt it was the Leith police) rather than endeavour to take down the particulars of his address, which unfortunately I forget.

Whatever could be having brains fed something nutritious and scrumptious.

Post a Comment


Home