The Early Days of a Better Nation

Tuesday, August 14, 2012



I have a new job!

I'm delighted to say that my appointment as Writer in Residence at Edinburgh Napier University has just been officially announced. The university's innovative MA in Creative Writing course, open to full-time and part-time students, is both practical and challenging, with a strong genre component. Over the past few years, I've met and been greatly impressed by its lecturers, course leaders and students, and I very much look forward to working with them.

The 2010-2011 Writer in Residence, Robert Shearman, has some interesting and slightly scary things to say about what the job involves. For more, equally enlightening and entertaining information about the course and its objectives, take a look through the blog - and expect to see some contributions there from me in the coming months.

Labels: , , ,


11 Comments:

Congratulations, that is a wonderful opportunity.
I am very impressed with Intrusion, btw. I had my local library special order it in from the UK. (I am in Canada).

Cheers,

Rob.

Congratulations! It's a fine institution, and I don't just say that because my dad lectured there.

Congratulations Ken!

That's good to hear! Congratulations.

Many thanks, guys!

Thanks, Gail!

(And check out her paintings, folks.)

Congratulations Ken! And may you continue to stay off the dole for a long time to come

Congratulations, Ken - SO proud of you! xx

Thanks, Jim and little sis!

Congrats Ken! Still waiting a chance to read Intrusion as I've heard nothing but high praise from those who have.

Post a Comment


Home