The Early Days of a Better Nation

Friday, October 13, 2017



Return of the return of the Martians

At the Edinburgh International Book Festival 2017 I chaired an event with Stephen Baxter on his new book The Massacre of Mankind, the first and only authorised sequel to The War of the Worlds. Baxter's account of his book and its inspiration was enlightening, wide-ranging, and sometimes surprising. The event is now available as a podcast, and well worth a listen -- even if you were actually there, because you can hear everything much better than you probably did on the day. Like the book, the podcast is better than the original.

4 Comments:

Hi Ken,we met at the reading/discussion in Waterstones in Bath last Tuesday, which went on to the Salamander later- hope you liked the Gem ( my favourite local beer ). Anyway, you may remember me discussing Ashfield Valley? Here is a link to the first part of Hardcore Valley: I lived on Ashfield Road 1976-86.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad4ntm-o0Nc

Thanks Phil - the Gem went down very well. And thanks for the link!

Dear Ken,

I am the head of innovation of a French consulting firm called IKOS, I am currently working on an article on innovation and the role of SF writers as “contributors architects of the future” and I would interview the SF writers involved on TRSF,
Many thanks for your feedback and hope to see you soon!
Giacomo

Dear Giacomo

Thanks for your comment, and do feel free to email me at the address at the top left of the blog!

Post a Comment


Home