The Early Days of a Better Nation

Sunday, February 26, 2012



An observation

Britain is enjoying a week or two of early-evening bright ISS passes, and whenever the Scottish cloud cover breaks for the right five minutes I step outside to watch our only space station sail across the sunset sky.

Several times in the dark ages before I knew about Heavens-Above and @VirtualAstro and the like I spotted what I thought was the ISS but was actually an Iridium flare.

Which is why, in at least two published books, I've described the ISS as going from south to north or vice versa, and as flaring and fading ...

Labels: , ,


2 Comments:

in at least two published books, I've described the ISS as going from south to north or vice versa, and as flaring and fading

Which is exactly what it does in those worlds.

Ah, thanks Roderick ... I should have thought of that!

Post a Comment


Home